Birth Services Offered
At Complete Beginnings, I strive for true informed choice in all decisions regarding your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. I want you to be an active participant in every aspect. I provide high quality, personalized, and compassionate service while practicing midwifery safely as a nationally Certified Professional Midwife and Utah Licensed Direct Entry Midwife. I select my clients carefully to keep my practice small. This limit on my practice ensures that I can serve you well providing complete, safe, and focused care with out you worrying if I will be available at your time of birth. This allows my full attention to serve my clients and my young homeschooling family. Contact me for availability. Occasionally I still have openings even if your due date is coming near.
To support you in all of your birthing needs I supply many services.
Complimentary services include:
- Appointments at either my St. George or Leeds office
- Consultation for midwifery services
- Tour of the St. George birth suite
- Consultation for doula services
- Free pregnancy test
- Consultation regarding conception or fertility issues
- Breastfeeding support
- Cloth diaper or baby wearing support
- Free Super Sibling Preperation class
Included in my basic homebirth or birth suite fees are:
- DyAnna Gordon as your sole midwife.
- Prenatal care- Beginning at around 12 weeks and meeting monthly until 28 weeks, every other week until 36 weeks them weekly until the baby is born.
- Each 30 minute or hour long prenatal (your choice) includes- Urinalysis, blood pressure, weight, assessing baby's position, growth and heart tones, adressing any physical or emotional concerns, reviewing nutrition and exercise and getting to know each other and feel comfortable together. OB panel and GBS screening lab tests are included in the basic package if you desire them.
- Monthly Family Forum, Childbirth Class, Super Sibling Class, and Emergency Childbirth Class- are offered in a monthly rotating schedule.
- Emotional counseling regarding past birth trauma and current birth fears- This support assists you in being as prepared as possible for your upcoming journey.
- Use of a water birth tub.
- Birth kit-waterbirth tub liner and box full of disposable items needed for your home birth.
- Attendance of your birth- Dy and at least one other skilled birth attendant will come to you when ever you need us. We will remain 2-4 hours after the birth. This time includes your birth and postpartum exams for mother and baby.
- Supportive postpartum care- We come to you at 1 day, 3 -7 days postpartum as well as visits at 3 weeks and 6 weeks. Good postpartum care is important in breasfeeding sucess, a smooth transition as a family unit and for preventing post partum depression.
- Filing of the birth certificate and Social Security card
- Newborn hearing screening
I offer 3 different care packages so you can customize your level of care to your needs and desires.
Other packages include some or all of the following:
- Newborn procedures such as: vitamin K injection, eye ointment, blood typing, metabolic screening
- Additional maternal medications such as IV antibiotics for GBS or Rhogam injections
- Maternal vitamins and supplements
- Chiropractic care
- Massage therapy
Additional services include:
- Placenta encapsulation
- Home cleaning
- Food preperation
- Birth photography
A consultation for all services is FREE.
Come prepared with any questions that you may have regarding all of the many birthing options that I can assist you with in Southern Utah including homebirth, birth suite birth, or hospital doula birth. Partners and children are always welcome.
Money should never be a reason to not have the birth you and your baby deserve.
A home birth attended by a midwife in Southern Utah costs about 25% the cost of a uncomplicated hospital birth without insurance. A home birth in Southern Utah costs about 50% of the cost of the copay of the most common maternity insurance available in the area.
I offer many flexible options to ensure that you can have the birth you desire including:
- Payment plans
- Acceptance of credit cards
- Processing through insurance for services which may or may not be covered depending on your insurance plan
- Discounts for special circumstances
- Trade of goods or services